The banana peels are not only good to make people fall, but they are also very useful for the following:
- Relieves Mosquito Bites and Poison Ivy Itching: The banana peel has the ability to drastically reduce skin irritation, swelling and redness. Just rub your inside of a banana peel on your bug or mosquito bites and rashes to stop the itching.
- Burns and Scrapes Pain Reliever: The oil in a banana peel will help relieve the pain from burns and scrapes as well. Just rub the inside of a banana peel over the area of your skin which is burned or scraped.
- Makes Wrinkles and Headaches Disappear: Rubbing a banana peel on your forehead over and over will do three things: Make your wrinkles go away, make your headache go away and make you look like you are completely insane.
- Wart Removal: Rub the inside of a little piece of a banana peel on a wart every night. You should see results within one to two weeks.
- Against Acne: The potassium and the antioxidants housed within their peel makes the banana priceless in the fight against acne. Use just a small part of the peel to heal acne. Rub the inside of the peel gently over the irritated area for about 5 minutes or until the inside of the peel gets brown. Replace and throw away the banana peel once it is entirely brown. Clean the skin around with lukewarm water but let the banana dry out on the affected area to do its magic. Repeat at least 3 times a day. You will be surprised by the fast and glorious results and the clear skin you will be awarded with just a few days later. In fact, you will see the first results just overnight.
- Removing Splinters: Similar to wart removal, tape a piece of the peel over the splinter. The enzymes will help dislodge the splinter and heal the wound.
- Make Houseplants Sparkle: Peels can be used to make the leaves of plants shine. Bananas are naturally high in potassium and encourages plant growth. Take banana peel or entire banana and bury with soil.
- Teeth Brightener: Gently rub the pieces of inside of a banana peel on your teeth with your fingers for at least two minutes daily. Your yellowish teeth will start shining in a few days. The banana peels do not have the abrasiveness that other natural whiteners have and best of all they are inexpensive. Brush your teeth as usual with natural toothpaste or you can use the banana peel first and then brush. The amazing minerals in the peel like potassium, magnesium and manganese absorb into your teeth and whiten them.
- Shoe Polish: Use the peel to make your kicks nice and shiny.
- Savior For Polluted Water: The banana peel can take water dirtied by heavy metals from mining operations or other activities and turn it to clean drinking water. The banana peels contain nitrogen, sulfur and organic compounds such as carboxylic acids. These acids can bind with positively charged metals that leach into rivers from industrial operations. Just chop up and dry a bunch of banana peels and mix them with water, which is polluted with copper and lead, etc. The peels will perform better than many typical filtering materials, like silica or carbon. What’s more, the peels are a cheap waste material. They could be used up to 11 times before they stopped working as purifiers.
Note: The banana peels can’t get rid of bacteria residing in water.